I’ve been tagged
Rule 1: Post the rules.
Rule 2: Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then make 11 new ones.
Rule 3: Tag 11 people and link them to your post.
Rule 4: Let them know you’ve tagged them.
- Favorite Animal? Penguin. No question about it. I would have a KBell/sloth moment if I ever got to touch one. I was obsessed with them as a kid and when I was 9, I was convinced that my parents were going to get one for me as a pet.
- The best quote you can remember off the top of your head? “It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live…” -Albus Dumbledore by way of J.K. Rowling. It’s actually one of my favorite quotes in general.
- Title of your life if it were a book? (In)Flux - a few people will get this (Jo), but my life is constantly changing, I’m constantly moving, people coming in and out of my life, changing jobs, changing ideas, changing obsessions. I never quite settle entirely, I’m always in flux.
- What do you look for in a friend? Honesty. Humor. Compassion. Mostly just someone that I feel as though we can sit in silence and be comfortable, but never really run out of things to talk about.
- Are you in a relationship? I’m in several, but a romantic one is not currently among them. Unless, of course, you count my one-sided infatuation with Darren Criss.
- If you were given one wish before you died (sans wishing for more time) what would it be? That the people who love me will be okay after I’m gone.
- Longest crush lasted? If we’re talking about celeb crushes, then it would be 7 years ages 12-19 on Tom Felton. On people I actually know. I’d say 2 years on one of my married college professors.
- One adjective to describe yourself. Passionate.
- Life ambition. To make a difference. I don’t have to change the world, but if I can help just one person, or teach someone, or have an effect on one person’s life and it helps them, I would be very happy.
- If you could be a character on your favorite show who would you be? On my favorite show of all time, probably Monica Geller (Bing) from Friends. She was able to have the career she wanted, good friends and family. Married one of her best friends and was able to adopt two kids. She had her ups and downs, but was mostly happy.
- If you could change one thing in your life what would it be? I was trying to think of something that was wrong with my life that is out of my control to change, but everything I’m unhappy with is actually within my power to change. It may take a while, but it is within my power. So the only thing I would feel okay putting in here is something that I can’t change and that I’m still struggling to accept. If I could go back and change something, I would have spent more time with my maternal grandparents before they died. I got scared when they were still around and skittish about visiting them. I wanted to remember them as their vibrant, younger selves rather than see them so frail, or to have my memory of them tainted with them not remembering me. It was a stupid decision on my part because for about a year there, they were here and so was I and I had so many opportunities to spend time with them and really, really get to know them, now that I was old enough to understand and I feel as though I just completely wasted it. I love them, so much, I just wish I would have spent more time with them while I still could.
My questions for you:
- If you could only listen to one artist/group for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What is something you’ve been putting off doing even though you know it needs to get done?
- If you speak a second language, why did you choose that one? If not, or even if you do, which language would you learn to choose and why?
- If you could do-over anything in your life, would you? Why or why not?
- What is a book/movie/musician/tv show that you love, but don’t really tell people about?
- What’s the last book you read?
- If you didn’t have to worry about money or qualifications or transportation or anything, what would you do with your life?
- How do you normally wear your hair?
- If you had to get a tattoo right now, what would it be and why? Where would you get it put and why?
- Cupcakes or cake?
- Do you subscribe to any magazines? If yes, which ones?